Easy, traditional recipes selected by Nona to complement our wine
The recipe of the day today is the Ciambella Romagnola Donut, which is the most common and appreciated dessert in Romagna. This would make a great companion to a glass of our white wines, such as pigno.
Ingredients for 6 people:
Preparation Time: 35 minutes.
- 500 gr. Made with flour;
- Nr. 3 large eggs;
- 250 gr. Sugar + 30 gr. in grain; -150 gr. Of butter;
- Nr. 1 grated lemon;
- Nr. 1⁄2 small glass of anise;
- Nr. 1 vanillin;
- Nr. 1 sachet of baking powder; – Nr. 1 pinch of salt;
- Enough milk.
- On the cutting board make the fountain with flour and on the edges put a pinch of salt.
- In the centre put the remaining ingredients.
- Knead well: if necessary, use a little milk until a soft / sticky dough is obtained.
- Arrange the dough in a baking pan, previously greased and floured, brown the surface (by brush)
- With egg yolk, add the granulated sugar and put in the oven at 180 ° for about 20 minutes.
An easy to follow infographic guiding you through the process.